- Unified Platform
- Our Allies
- About ▼
- Act! ▼
- Volunteer! ▼
- Media ▼
- Spread the Word
- Video ►
- Michael Cavlan for Senate 2012
- Chris Hedges on the End of Empire
- Moving Forward
- Corporations are NOT people
- George Carlin
- Jill Stein: People's State of the Union
- Tommy Douglas: His Issues Were Ours
- Which Side of History Will You Be On?
- Challenging Power, Changing Politics: Sanders, Stein, Honkala on Bill Moyers
- Exclusive: As Obama and Romney Agree on Afghan War, Israel and Syria, Third Parties Give Alternative
- Expanding the 2012 Debate: Third Party Candidates Break the Sound Barrier As Obama-Romney Spar
- Expanding the VP Debate: Third-Party Candidates Challenge Biden & Ryan on War, Economy, Healthcare
- Hedges: America’s Devastated 'Sacrifice Zones' Are The Future For All Of Us
- Mouseland: where mice kept voting for cats as leaders
- Blog ▼
- Contact Us
Latest Status from an NPA Facilitator
Our thinking is not to get folks to switch party affiliations for caucusing or primaries, but to get truly Progressive candidates to run as Dems against incumbent Dems, so registered Dems will wake up to the reality of just how faux the Dems who call themselves progressive actually are.
It's just one component in the much broader strategy of electoral activism that we believe will be necessary over several election cycles to establish in the electorate's consciousness the folly of lesser-evil voting. But in 10 days, former Salt Lake Mayor Rocky Anderson will announce the formation of a new party, and will just as quickly announce that he will seek its nomination. While this - as all efforts to launch additional parties - is positive, it is unfortunate Anderson and Jill Stein were unable to agree to work together. They held numerous phone conferences earlier this year and Rocky decided the Greens are a damaged brand. To the extent that the Greens have been unwilling to forge coalition tickets in the past, he's right. But Stein is willing to fight for that within the Green Party, and the fact that Anderson walked away from (1) the chance to awaken Greens to the advantages of forming such alliances, and (2) all those ballot lines, is unfortunate indeed.
Once again, it seems, the Left is allowing small disagreements over process to fracture it - and at a time when we can ill afford such shit anymore. But we'll keep trying to pull it - and ALL who are fed up with getting raped by corporatist politicians - together.
-Tony Noel, NPA Facilitator