- Unified Platform
- Our Allies
- About ▼
- Act! ▼
- Volunteer! ▼
- Media ▼
- Spread the Word
- Video ►
- Michael Cavlan for Senate 2012
- Chris Hedges on the End of Empire
- Moving Forward
- Corporations are NOT people
- George Carlin
- Jill Stein: People's State of the Union
- Tommy Douglas: His Issues Were Ours
- Which Side of History Will You Be On?
- Challenging Power, Changing Politics: Sanders, Stein, Honkala on Bill Moyers
- Exclusive: As Obama and Romney Agree on Afghan War, Israel and Syria, Third Parties Give Alternative
- Expanding the 2012 Debate: Third Party Candidates Break the Sound Barrier As Obama-Romney Spar
- Expanding the VP Debate: Third-Party Candidates Challenge Biden & Ryan on War, Economy, Healthcare
- Hedges: America’s Devastated 'Sacrifice Zones' Are The Future For All Of Us
- Mouseland: where mice kept voting for cats as leaders
- Blog ▼
- Contact Us
Bring Your Talents to the NPA!
Since Barack Obama's election in 2008, millions of words have been devoted to dissecting what went wrong.
Were we naive to believe in "Change we can believe in"? Do Obama's and other Democrats’ one-eighties on the issues indicate that our elected officials are merely pawns used to lend an air of democracy to the emerging corporate state?
Can there really be a meaningful difference between the two major parties when the results - rampant unemployment, perpetual war, environmental degradation, and the erosion of our social safety net - are the same, regardless which party is running things?
First conceived in February 2010 amid such questions, the New Progressive Alliance has steadily worked to create a lasting counterweight to their all-too-obvious answers. (You can read in detail about the online founding of this 100-percent volunteer, grassroots organization here.)
Now our organization is in place. It is time for the hard work that we must do to begin in earnest.
Last summer, a small but dedicated group of NPA volunteers worked to create and ratify the Unified Progressive Platform, and to tweak the cyberstructure that will allow us to do that work: Nothing less than challenging both major parties through relentless electoral activism and popular dissent, throughout the 2012 campaign and beyond, at every level of government.
It will take thousands of volunteers working together to reform our broken system. Whether you consider yourself a follower or a leader is not important. Whether you can donate just an hour or two per week or 10 or 20, we have important work to do. Click here to see all our volunteer opportunities, and to contribute your talents.
Like America, the NPA belongs to you. Are you ready to begin working for the kind of country you wish to live in?